Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday trips

Today's trips went very well I should say. Last night it started snowing but because it was pretty warm yesterday the snow pretty much melted as it hit the ground. There was only about an inch that stuck and the roads were not bad at all just a little wet. We went on our trips this morning and mine was to the court house and doing some work inside the building going through the metal detectors. The walk there was a short walk and Shannon did wonderful. We walked around for a while and Shannon did wonderful with everything. When going through a metal detector The handler puts the dog at sit, makes a long leash, goes through and then calls the dog. This was good practice for doing them in airports and other places. This afternoons trip was a walk to a bank and doing some work inside of the bank. We walked back and had to work some strange street crossings and Shannon was amazing. She did wonderful work inside the bank as well. Last night we had the going home lecture, even though I am staying the entire time I have had a dog before. We discussed how to handle your dog when getting home around all your family and friends. The Seeing Eye strongly suggests leaving the dog on leash with you for two weeks and then gradually giving the dog freedom in your house. We discussed introducing other dogs to your new dog which I don't think Muffin will have a problem at all. Most of the stuff I all ready knew from having a dog before. Some of us ordered pizza last night and it was pretty good. During my trip this morning it was snowing and was so cool. Its the kind of snow that is nice coming down but not all over the ground. It was snowing pretty hard too. Not sure what else is going on tonight. I need to post this and get ready to go and feed Shannon. I will write more when I am able. Until next time..

1 comment:

  1. I hope that all of your trips went well today, kind of chilly here and hopefully it will start warming up tomorrow like they are promising.

    ReplyDelete