Saturday, February 13, 2010
Saturday trip and more
I am staying downstairs for a while because I am washing my clothes. Last weekend when I did wash I left my stuff downstairs to go on a trip I came back after lunch to change out my stuff from the dryer. My clothes were folded and something was missing. I'm staying until they finish this time for sure. Today because its the weekend we only have one trip and this morning we did some more work in stores. We went to a coffee shop and worked from there. I went into a sporting goods store and worked on the escalators one more time and Shannon did wonderful going both up and down. When you get on you work the dog up to it then put your hand on the moving bar and step on with one foot. When you are about to step down the dog is at heel one step behind you. Once you step up or down you hold the back strap of the harness and once the bar moves you step off with your dog. Shannon could have cared less for sure. It was different than what I remember at Southeastern, I may be wrong because its been eight years but I think we worked the dogs on. I only did it once so I can't fully remember. I went into pet smart and got some food to change Shannon from iams. She did wonderful work in the store she sniffed a few times but those things happen. Her clearence work was wonderful in both places. We walked to and from the coffee shop and her work was wonderful. She is a very loving girl and I am falling more in love with her every day. Something happened yesterday to someone in class that made me laugh so hard I cried. A few groups went to the mall and this one person was working with the follow command with the dog. You give the follow command and the dog follows whom ever is in front of you. The dog stepped out and took off and the person ran into a really large sign knocking it over. At that point all anyone probably could do was laugh, people passing by stopped to see what was so funny. Just the way the story was told made me laugh so hard I cried. I just pictured this big sign falling over and allot of laughter. This class is amusing for sure, I get at least one good laugh a day. Again dogs are not perfect and things happen no one was hurt accept hurt from laughing so hard. The rest of today and tomorrow is pretty much relax time which is amazing. I got Shannon a few more toys today so I'll be able to play with her some later. We got about five inches of snow at my house. Muffin would not go out in it last night and this morning she needed to pee so bad she went near the door. She does not like storms and will avoid them at all costs. I guess I am finished for now, will post more when I have a chance. Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What food did you decide to put Shannon on? I'd suggest my food, but it's hard to find sometimes, except in Charlotte and it's pretty expensive. LOL.
ReplyDeleteI have never been taught to hold the back strap. I am not sure about at SEGD because the escalator was optional ad I declined, but at GEB, we put the dog in a sit stay, and as we were stepping on, we heeled the dog behind us and when we felt the escalator approaching the top we called the dog's name and told it to heel as we were walking off. I always hated doing it but could do it if I had to. I remember when getting Pilot and we freelanced in Macy's, we had the option for the escalator or the elevator and I purposefully chose the elevator because I hadt and am somewhat scared of escalators as well. I am really finding some of the differences at TSE really interesting.
ReplyDelete