Thursday, February 18, 2010
long day
I know the subject line for this one says it all. Today was truly a long day and I am ready for it to be over. This morning a few students left to go home, they have had a guide dog from here before. This time next week I will be home with my wonderful girl Shannon. This mornings trip was probably the longest one I have been on and by the time it was over I was sure ready to be back. Shannon did wonderful work but again I can't stay on my two feet. My right foot got caught in a crack and you guessed it down I went. I have bad ankles and I don't think that helped any at all. They started to hurt and maybe that's part of why I went down. When I was little I broke my right foot so it turnes out to the right and when I try to make it straight it hurts. Its always that foot getting caught in the cracks of these sidewalks. I am fine I got right back up and went on my way. When I fell Shannon went down with me and I was more worried about her than myself. She started wagging her tail and giving me kisses as if to say are you all right. For the rest of the trip she was so sweet and so careful. I did not work with my instructor but another instructor because my instructor was at the airport. He told me that me and Shannon worked wonderful and our trip was very good. I had to joke about the fact that I fell again, I'm just so thankful it was only my knee and that I didn't twist my foot. I had to go to the nurse when I got back and she put some stuff on my knee that burned. Shannon put her head in my lap as if to say what can I do to help which was so sweet. That trip was so long that when I got back I was so hot that I took off everything I could get away with for sure. This afternoon I went on another much quieter and not as long of a trip. I stayed on my two feet this time and Shannon was wonderful as always. She was so careful taking me around all the snow and everything else. I am in some pain, my ankles, legs, knee, and arms all hurt. I guess I am just falling apart or something. This morning we had a meeting about guide dog access and the guide dog laws. The meeting was pretty intresting I must say. I'm tired and want to go relax, I think I'm going to New York tomorrow but not totally sure yet. One more week, just one more week, praying I can make it through all right. Hopefully I will not be as sore tomorrow. Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment