Monday, February 1, 2010
day one
If there are spelling mistakes or typos sorry, I am too lazy to go back and fix them. I will try my best not to make mistakes. Its the second day of guide dog training and its all ready been a busy morning. Each group of about three or four students is assigned to an instructor who works with the students and there dogs. In order to find just the right match the instructor goes out with each student individually with a guide dog harness and a leash to get the walking speed and the persons pull. The walk was about eight blocks long, and I have a medium to fast walking pace. One thing I kept wanting to do was go before the instructor which is not a good thing for working with a guide dog. The dog has to go first not me as the handler. When I would go first we joked around and called it a false start, throw some football terminology in there. Other than that I did pretty good, we get our dogs around one in the afternoon just after lunch. I have no idea of what type of dog I am going to get. I really want a golden or a shepherd, but that does not mean I will get one of those dogs. There are two people here who have guessed what state I am from based on my accent. I thought it was pretty funny, and both people had to guess all most every state in the Southern United States before figuring it out. I did not get to watch the Pro Bowl last night, have no idea who won, so someone let me know please. Its way too cold for me, the wind is what makes it so cold here. Back home schools are closed because of the ice and snow, and if I was at work I would have had a free day off from work. My work goes by the schools which is a wonderful thing. Guess not much until lunch and then I will have my dog. I will update as soon as I have a chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unfortunately the AFC beat the NFC and the score was 41-34. It is still cold here this morning and can believe that there is still ice and snow in Monroe. It is 27 right now and Major wanted to play this morning when I took him out.
ReplyDelete