Tuesday, February 9, 2010

early morning update

I could really use a soda right about now. I think as soon as I am done posting this I'm going to go and get one. The weather is still calling for snow to start today around four P.M. I have noticed something around here that when its going to snow the weather gets warmer. Thirrty degrees back home is freezing but I guess I have been here so long that I'm getting used to the cold. I went outside this morning with a sweat shirt and a shirt under neath. I was hot so had to go inside and change. We have our two trips today, but if it snows like the weather channel says we probably will stay in tomorrow. I think the weather channel is calling for like twelve inches or something like that. If it happens it will probably be the most snow I've ever seen in my life. Shannon is so adorable when she wants attention she is going to get it. I was trying to type a few minutes ago and she kept on takeing her nose and hitting my hand as if to say pet me forget that stupid thing you are using. She is being very playful today, I had to get onto her outside because she saw her trainer and went nuts. She likes to put her head in my lap which is so sweet. Last night we had a meeting about dog food, toys, and some other stuff. The school gave us some letters and a few DVD's about going home with our dogs which are really good. The traffic meeting was great but to the point which is nice. We talked about traffic checks and ways you can untrain your dog for traffic. For example stepping out in front of the dog before giving the forward command, rushing the dog across the street, and its never a good idea to cross in the middle of a block its not safe. You should always listen to the traffic and determine when its safe, its never a good idea to go in the middle of a light because you don't know how long you have until it changes. Sighted people tend to cross in the middle of a cycle, but I don't. I don't care if I have to wait an entire cycle I'm not doing it even if the person says its safe to go. Its not good for me or my dog. On that trip yesterday I used muscles that I didn't even think I had. One thing I did forget there was an obstacle both times and Shannon did wonderful taking me around it. It was some tape across the side walk and we had to go slightly into the street to get around it, just at the edge of the curve. There are allot of fun people in this class. A few of them make me laugh really hard. There is an inside joke that the entire class knows about by now, and its hysterical. Yes the indside joke involves me imagine that, and allot of people in the class are giving me a hard time. Its one of those things that what happens at The Seeing Eye stays at The Seeing Eye. I laughed so hard the other day I started crying, I thought I was not going to make it to the top of the stairs. I should be getting some photos of Shannon e-mailed to me. When I get them I'll try to post them here, but I will post them on facebook for sure. Guess I better get ready to go to breakfast and get my soda. I'm hungry imagine that. I'll post later on I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Imagine you being hungry. I think we have all heard those traffic lectures at every school that we ahve been too and they do make sense. I hate working Major downtown with certain family members because they try to like just go to the middle and if I have the light, I am going and for goodness sake, do not get in my way because I will run your butt over. I do not like snow and I am glad it is you and not me having to deal with that this evening, even though it would be really interesting to see what Major would think of the stuff since I am sure he has never seen any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your day went better after you got some breakfast and something to drink. Let me know how the trips go today and if you all get any snow this evening and I am sure that if you have to do the solo tomorrow, it will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete