I have all ready completed both of my trips for today. The morning trip went really well, accept Shannon ran me in to one pole of some sourt. I had to correct her and rework it and she did wonderful. Going into lunch she bumped me into the side of the wall and we had to rework that one as well. On the second trip she ran me into a traffic sign and we reworked that one and she did perfect.
The first drip was a doubles trip where one block I would lead out and the next block the other student would lead out. Shannon did wonderful work and she did amazing during the traffic check. She got a little distracted by a dog on the sidewalk, but my instructor told us we looked great. The second trip I did by myself just me and my instructor. We had two traffic checks on this trip and as I was pulling out to cross a car turned in front of me. I said that jack ass turned in front of me and it was the planned traffic check. Shannon did wonderful on both, she made me very happy. There was some snow and ice on the sidewalks and she did wonderful slowing down for all of it. We had some obstacles in our way and she did great. She tried to eat some snow and I had to get onto her for that. She loves putting her head in my lap and leaning against me which is so adorable. We have a solo on Saturday morning and we are working on the trip now. I'm not sure if we have to go by our selvs or if we will be able to do doubles. I know the way pretty well and am doing good judging the traffic patterns. When the parallel traffic serges its safe to go, but you should always listen for turning cars. My instructor keeps telling me that we look like we have been together for years. There is a call for snow tomorrow night, they are calling for a few inches but not sure if it will even happen. I think we have dinner and a meeting tonight but not totally sure. I am literally falling in love with Shannon, she is just more than wonderful. There is a command that Seeing Eye Uses Hup Hup which is used when the dog stops for some reason or slows down in the middle of a block. Its also used if you don't know if you need to go forward or not, you can tell the dog to hup hup and the dog will find the way. There is only a left handed leash correction and a double handed leash correction. Southeastern has a right handed leash correction where you correct with your right hand and I'm having to get used to notb using it. A left handed correction you drop the harness handle and pull back on the leash. Its different for sure, but I'll get used to it. I think that's all for now, will update soon.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have really been enjoying reading your experiences at TSE. Glad to hear that Shannon is such a super dog!
ReplyDelete