Friday, February 5, 2010
Day five and trips
Its Friday but sure doesn't feel like it. New Jersey is suposed to get snow, but not sure how much. From what I have heard each weather station says a different amount. We have one trip tomorrow, but if there is allot of snow I am sure it will be canceled. This morning I had a really bad headache thart just would not go away. Last night we had a meeting on how to control our dogs in public. If you are talking to someone and are stopped for more than three seconds your dog should be sitting, that way your dog has something to do. If not the dog could be doing something that it shouldn't when you are not paying attention. Your dog is only as well behaved as you make it. This morning we had a meeting on the dogs sinces which was very intresting. The first trip in town this morning went very well, Shannon ran me into the same parking meeter as yesterday and we had to rework it. We also had to rework a dog distraction, but other than that she did wonderful. The trip this afternoon was our practice solo and I went by myself. We did fine accept for Shannon brushing me up against a bush, not clearing me for a hanging object, and going into this Church parking lot. I turned one block to soon but made it back ok. My instructor was very proud of the trip, and I have to admit I was a little worried I would get lost. The trip was about ten blocks long, you walk four blocks and turn left, walk a block and turn left, walk four blocks and turn left walk a block and turn right to cross the street back to the training center. Shannon did wonderful work and I couldn't have done it with out her. We had a traffic check and a big obstacle in the way. The instructor that pulled out in front of me yesterday and I called a jack ass thought it was hysterical. My instructor told me he hadn't seen him laugh so hard. I was sure given a hard time at lunch, and started calling him J. A. for Jack ass. I am so glad I survived the solo, and can relax. Hopefully trips will be canceld tomorrow! Sunday should be pretty much a free day. I don't think we have much until or after dinner. I am off for now, but will update when I get another chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It definitely sounds like Shannon is a great worker and is going to serve you well. I saw on the news tongiht that Washington D.C. and all the way up to New York City is supposed to get around two feet of snow and bleive me, that doesn't even to begin to sound like fun and if you all get that kind of snow, I am sure you won't be working routes tomorrow.
ReplyDelete