Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday trips

My subject lines are not that creative at all. It seems though about all I have done today is eat. Breakfast was these wonderful pancakes and I had more than I should've. Lunch I didn't eat much because I was so full, and this afternoons trip was going to get ice cream which I had a vanilla milkshake, and dinner is in a little over an hour. Thank goodness for all the walking or I would really be in trouble ha ha ha. This mornings trip was doing some more country work which I was not too thrilled about. You basically walk in the road with no sidewalks and the dog has to stay as far over to the left as they can. You have to stop every so often to make sure your not out in the street. I'm just glad I don't live in the country, and hopefully I'm done with that trip for a while. There was no traffic and it was way too quiet out there, if you got lost you would pretty much be S O L. I kept having to tell Shannon to stay to the left. It was just difficult and annoying. My instructor worked with her for a few minutes and she was so happy to get back to me it was so adorable. This afternoon we went and had ice cream and walked a few blocks to the place. Shannon did perfet street crossings and everything. Some of the students in this class are leaving tomorrow and there will not be many of us left. Last night we had a meeting on dog attacks and what to do if your dog is attacked. There was a short video which I requested a copy. Hopefully I will not ever have to deal with a thing like that. Shannon had a bad dream last night I think because she barked pretty loud, she sure has a big bark for such a small sweet girl. Not sure what is going on tonight, probably not a meeting because of so many people going home. One week and I'll be going home. I miss home in some ways, training is starting to make me pretty tired. Some people I'm sure think guide dog training is a vacation, its so not a vacation its work on both the new dog and the handler. Its pretty cold outside but thankfully not allot of snow around on the sidewalks. Its hot downstairs and just sitting around makes me hot. I've not wanted a coat all day long even working outside. I am probably going to go home and think fifty degrees is shorts weather, don't be surprised ha ha ha. Guess that's all, going to go check e-mail before its time to feed Shannon. I'll write sometime soon. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment