Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Guide dog info
I know I was mean and made my readers wait by not telling you guys what I got. The suspense is over! I got a female golden and her name is Shannon! Like I said yesterday she is extremely sweet and I am falling in love with her. She gives allot of kisses and loves to be touching me in some way. She still gets excited when she sees her trainer, but last night she sat there while I was brushing her and totally ignored him. When I got her yesterday the wait seemed like forever. I told my instructor yesterday what I wanted in my next guide dog, and I kept on trying to get him to tell me but of course he wouldn't. Yesterday when I met her she reminded me so much of Muffin. She came up to me as if I was the best person in the world. I thought of the first time I met Muffin and cried. I was some what embarrassed but there wasn't much I could do about it at that point. I was so happy that is for sure. If you want to know what she looks like I can't tell you. My instructor told me but I was crying to much and not paying attention. Our first walk went wonderful and my instructor was very pleased. She made it through last night just fine and she's doing great right now by my chair. I have been told several times that she always looks like she is smiling. I didn't get a german Shepherd, but I know I am going to be happy with my girl. Muffin will just love her I am sure. Me and one other person got Goldens. I think there are two Shepherds in the class, and the rest are labs and lab/goldens. There are seventeen students in the class including me from all over the country, from Washington State to Florida. Not sure what is up for today, but I know it will be a busy one. If any of you have tried to comment and thought it didn't go through, keep commenting away. I have it set so comments come to me first through my e-mail and I have to post them to the blog individually. If you want to know anything feel free to ask. I will try to be as detailed as I can, but sometimes time may not allow it. I will post every chance I get I promise! More later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI can’t wait to meet Shannon, she sounds like a great dog!
Toby’s Raiser
Okay... Gonna try to post again! I'm so happy for you Hope! Goldens are great! I have on old guy at home and you just can't beat the personality! They do seem to smile all the time, from the inside out! I know she's a precious as you are! You've been covered in prayer that the perfect match will be made and now we will continue to pray that your bond strengthens as you grow and learn together! We can't wait to meet her! Love you bunches adn can't wait for more updates!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Anne (and Legion)