Wednesday, February 10, 2010

snow day

I have not seen as much snow today ever in my life. It started snowing last night and I don't think has stopped. I think it slowed down for a little while and then after lunch picked back up again. Me and one of my classmates went outside to see the snow. It was coming down so hard I could hear it. We went out a few steps and both of our dogs wanted to play in the snow. Shannon has wanted to play all day and this morning she was flat down in the snow. We did not go out today and she is full of energy. We had a few meetings where we watched two videos on The Seeing Eye, and the vet came and talked to us for a while. We also had a meeting on dog care and were taught how to pill our dogs, clean ears, and anything else we needed. I also was told about Shannon's puppy raisers and she had a wonderful puppy home. I found out about some of the things she likes, all about the other dogs she got to play with, and in the puppy profile it said she was easy to raise, a great dog who was not ever distructive, and loved to please. Everything made me smile, and I know I have a wonderful and special girl. I noticed this morning Shannon doing what I like to call a frog pose. Her back feet are out as far as they could go, and she is on her stomach. It was so adorable and made me laugh. She has been so playful today and did not want to go out when it was time for her to go to the bathroom. All she wanted to do was play in the snow and she got a little too excited. One of my classmates made up part of a song that said Shannon stop playing in the snow, its time to park you know. I thought it was very amusing. Maybe in about an hour she will bwe too tired to play in the snow. I went back to my room and played with her and hopefully got some of her energy out. I was able to go out and see the snow and wow is it allot. I'm not sure if we will go out tomorrow or not, depends on how much more snow we get. I did have the option to order some extra stuff like leashes, food bowls, and brushes. I am still not sure if I am staying the whole time or not, I should know something soon though. Last night we didn't have a meeting, so I pretty much relaxed. There are some students that I am sure want to go out tomorrow, but if its not safe I would just soon stay here. Guess that is all, not much happening on a snow day for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Now that pose sounds like the Muffin pose and that is just too cute. I cannot imagine wanting to play in the snow, but I am glad she is doing well and that she had great puppyraisers.

    ReplyDelete