Thursday, February 4, 2010
more from yesterday
Last night we worked the dogs in harness for the first time to dinner. We are now starting to work the dogs in the building. At Southeastern we never were allowed to work the dogs in the building. We did not work the dogs until we got to the place we were going and got out of the vans. At Seeing Eye we are allowed to work the dogs in the building and on and off the vans. Shannon is so wonderful and so well behaved. Each morning I playh with her to get some of her energy out and it seems to work really well. At Seeing Eye we do not use the find command, its forward, left, and right. There is also a suggested right right or left left command. I am not a fan of stairs at all, so I choose to heal Shannon down the stairs. Today I think we are going to add some more blocks to our trip in town, which should be really fun. Yesterday we started judging traffic and telling the dog to go forward when we thought it was safe. Last night my instructor told me that me and Shannon look like we have been together for years. That comment really made me smile for sure. Today we are starting something different. Instead of all of us going to town at the same time there is going to be first trip and second trip. If you are on first trip you go into town and come back. Second trip waits to go into town at around ten in the morning. I really think I am going to like this allot better, when I sit around I get really tired and my energy goes away. All this good food isn't helping much either. In a few minutes it will be time for breakfast and I'm hungry. Facebook did something really strange this morning. I loged in and was checking updates, I went to another page and it wanted me to log in again. That has never happened before, and I didn't log in, I got out of the site. May try to get back on in a little while. For now that's all, but I'll update when I have another chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unless they have changed things, Guiding eyes did not want you working the dog in the building too, but toward the end of training, most of us retrains did it anyhow and we were never busted for it. If I had anything to do with the differences in training at Southeastern, I would let the students start working the dog in the building as well because in the real world that is what you are doing and let them work the dog to the bus as well, because there again, that is real life.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of first trip and second trip and i am curious to see how you like it and BTW, face book has been doing some strange things to me lately too so don't feel bad.