Saturday, February 6, 2010
Day six only one trip
I was disappointed this morning when the weather forcast was calling for allot of snow and New Jersey didn't get much at all. I think we got about an inch and that was all, the weather was forcasting anywhere from three to ten inches. I heard Washington D. C. got allot of snow though. We had to do our Saturday trip with snow on the ground, that was a real experience. Its the first time I have worked a guide dog in the snow for sure. We did the same trip as yesterday accept this time I did not have to do the entire thing myself. I was able to do the solo with someone else and that was wonderful. With all the snow it made it easier as well. The traffic sounds allot different when it is snowing, so we were able to help one another know when it was safe to cross. We both got back and did not make any wrong turns. Shannon ran me into the same parking meeter, and I joke now that she is making sure I am awake and paying attention. She ran me into a different pole today, but accept for that she did wonderful. She wanted to play in the snow, and I had to get her going a few times. I did not fall believe it or not, there were some slick places for sure. After the trip I hung out until it was time to leave. A couple of us were having allot of fun. There is this guy who is really funny and we were talking about the super bowl, and he said he would watch it but he didn't know much. He asked who was playing and he thought the Colts were the Texas colts. I didn't get a chance to say the Saints were playing until a long while after that. He didn't know that the Cowboys were a Texas team and in Dallas. . A few funny comments were made, and honestly that conversation when to hell in a hand basket. Its one of those times when you laugh so hard and can't explain what happened later. I was laughing so hard I was crying. It was four of us in the conversation. When you get four people together all making comments it gets pretty funny. I explained all the NFL teams and where each team was, and therr were some funny comments about that as well. I have to say this morning it was really cold, when I came back inside the training center, I really thought my butt was forzen and has to get warm. My left hand was pretty cold too, the wind was blowing and blowing some snow around. I am so glad that solo is over, a few of us went and got donuts afterward and I had some hot chocolate which was really good. Last night did not consist of much, someone made some really good milk shakes and of course I had to have one. Its pretty quiet for the most part today, we don't have anymore trips and tomorrow is a free day which is fine with me. Its the day of the big game the Super Bowl. There are a few football fans in this class for sure me included. After while I am going to find out Shannon's birthday and some more information about her. If I had to guess I would say she is around two years old. Ohter than that not much else, I will write later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I do not know about you, but that game really rocked last night and was so excited that the Saints won it. I hope that you had a good day yesterdayand are having a good day of training today and will look forward to talking to you later on today.
ReplyDelete