Monday, March 1, 2010

second trip home

Yesterday was one of those days that the weather is just perfect not too hot and not too cold, I absolutely loved it. I hung out with Lori all day and I can't complain about that at all. We decided to not go to downtown Charlotte but instead we saved gas went to her house for lunch and went and took a walk around my college campus. I really miss Wingate and if I could go back I would, never thought I would say that. I was able to work SHannon around campus yesterday and she did wonderful. I can't believe I remembered as much as I did, once we started walking it all came back to me. Shannon's work was flawless, I made a mistake on one street crossing but that was all on me. There was no traffic so it was difficult to tell if I was lined up to cross correctly or not. I passed by all of my old apartments and everything else around. It was a great walk for sure, I love those times when I can take a walk with really no point of intrest in mind. Shannon worked like she had been on that campus several times before. I can't even put into words how amazing she is, with Shannon by my side I feel as though I can accomplish anything. She is the closest thing to me having my sight for sure. Shannon came home played with Muffin some and put herself to bed, I knew she was tired then. I am enjoying my two days off before I have to go back to work on Wednesday that is if it doesn't snow. Its been a nice day relaxing and doing what I want for a change. Some people may thing guide dog training is a vacation, its far from a vacation, sometimes busy, sometimes stressful, and sometimes fun. I can say it has all caught up with me and for the last day and a half I have been pretty tired, but I think I am getting my energy back. I will post again once something worth writing about happens. Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right about guide dog class being so stressful and tiring. I remember I was so tired when I got home with Major that I did not really want to go anywhere for several days and Sue started back to work the Monday after I got home on Friday so that left me with a really quiet house, even though I did go to school with her a couple of times that week to help her get stuff set up and of course she always fed me and her teacher friends could never understand why I was so agreeable to come and work with her because I worked cheap and all she had to was to feed me.
    I am glad you all ahd a good time on the campus at Wingate yesterday and it would have been a really nice day to go and work the campus with her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be interested in knowing how well she works tomorrow working your normal route to work and back. I hope we are going to be getting the nice warm weather I am hearing we are supposed to be getting this weekend and trust me, I am looking forward to the warmer weather. i am not quite ready for summer, but am definitely looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like Sunday and Monday are going to be really good days to get out and work her to give her some real experiences on the streets of Charlotte, good luck.

    ReplyDelete