Thursday, April 15, 2010

Things I forgot and more

I am taking a day of vacation today because a group of Southeastern puppy raisers are going to downtown Charlotte for the day. I thought this would be wonderful for both me and Shannon so I'm going. She does wonderful work around traffic and streets, and if anything it will help build my confidence. She is such a wonderful girl and I see it more and more each and every day.
Yesterday two instructors from The Seeing Eye came to my work and took me to lunch. We walked to this wonderful mexican restaurant that all most everyone at work really likes. We go at least once a week, its so good we get cravings for the food. I could have not been happier with Shannon's work! She was right on with everything even a traffic check in the middle of crossing Central Avenue. We had the light and I gave her the forward command, and while we were in the middle of the street this stupid big truck decided to turn right in front of us. She stopped pretty far away from the truck thank goodness. I really believe some people can't drive. The instructors said we looked really great together and Shannon had a great pace and pull. Speaking of traffic checks the other day while walking to the bus stop this car tried to pull out of one of the parking lots and Shannon stopped. The car backed up and waited for us to cross the parking lot. I've had two traffic checks in like three days. I can't stand it when cars think they can just pull out in front of me or anyone else. Guess they are not paying attention or something. I really can't stand Louise Avenue near to work, I avoid that intersection as much as I can. Yesterday when The Seeing Eye instructors were there I crossed Louise with Shannon if nothing but to build my confidence. One of the instructors told me that me and Shannon were more than capable of crossing the intersection but choose not too. Shannon did wonderful, but I don't think I feel comfortable crossing by myself. Shannon's work yesterday sure built my confidence as well as our confidence as a team.
Shannon and Muffin have been playing all morning long. They played so much last night that Shannon put herself in her crate. Now she is happily chewing on a bone and Muffin is outside.
The other night I was grooming both girls and Muffin must have saw something because she started barking like crazy. She went down to the landing on the stairs and barked some more before she decided it was ok to come back inside. The only time she ever barks is when she wants Shannon to play with her. Muffin's been wanting to play allot here lately.
I was all most out of food and decided to switch them to Natural Balance. Its a really good food from the research I have done. I started the switch yesterday and they both love it and want more. Right now I am feeding the duck and potato and the price is fairly reasonable for a thirty pound bag. If you want to know what's in your dogs food then go to
www.petfooddirect.com
Then select the brand of food your dog is currently eating. They also have cat food as well. Some of the stuff in dog food is pretty gross, but natural balance is an all natural food.
I guess I am going to end this for now, I will more than likely update when I get home. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment